Thursday, March 27, 2014

Tasting - "Sweet Pea Apple Wine"

Name: Sweet Pea Apple Wine (with natural peach flavor)
Variety: Washington Apples
Region: Washington
Country: USA
Year: Not Stated
Price: $8

Winery Tasting Notes: "Two parts real Washington grown apples, one part natural peach essence, a dash of artful blending and a pinch of domestic charm - you havent been this happy since your first easy bake oven. One glass will send you right back to grandmas kitchen and the sweet smell of homemade apple pie. Pleasing as peach cobbler and refreshing as a cool glass of Riesling on a warm summer evening, Sweet Pea is ripe with golden delicious apple flavors, hints of peachy sweetness and a crisp, clean finish. Who says housewives have to be desperate?
Juicy, ripe apples fill the nose and palate with hints of fresh peaches. The sweetness is balanced with the crisp and clean finish. This festive wine is ready to be chilled and enjoyed right away."

My Review: At first I really liked this wine, the smell was incredible, like cotton candy and peaches! It tasted pretty good at first, very complex with tart green apple flavors and sweet citrus notes, but then only the puckering mouth feel was left. It had an artificially sweet taste, kind of like a green apple jolly rancher that only became sour the longer I drank. I haven't decided if the taste changing is because of my palate or the wine warming a bit, but either way it was disappointing, because I originally liked it. I think the taste just flops back and forth for me between tart and sweet so I cannot make up my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment