Saturday, March 29, 2014

Tasting - "Patricia Green Cellars Lia's Vineyard Pinot Noir"


Name: Patricia Green Cellars Lia's Vineyard Pinot Noir
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: Chehalem Mountain, Oregon
Country: USA
Year: 2012
Price: $37.95

Winery Review: "We settled on a mix that we feel brings in the rich elements of the volcanic soil and the minerality of the marine soil, and receives an aromatic and structural lift from the whole cluster fermentations. At present the red fruit and floral elements dominate the nose and the darker tones reside in the midpalate and finish. This walks a nice line between supple femininity and a darker, brooding character. This is a fun and interesting wine that should please a wide range of palates."

My Review: I was pleasantly surprised by this Pinot! I'm not a huge red fan, as I've stated before, but this was quite smooth with an interesting aftertaste. My friend tried it before me and really didn't like the aftertaste, but when I had it, I found it kind of zingy with a nice bite. The floral scent also carried over into the flavor profile as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment