Monday, March 31, 2014

Tasting - "Foxglove Paso Robles Zinfandel"

Name: Foxglove Paso Robles Zinfandel
Variety: Zinfandel (6% Petite Sirah)
Region: Central Coast, California
Country: USA
Year: 2012
Price: $15.95

Critic Review: "A delicious, classic Zinfandel, it offers up peppery, briery, wild berry fruit intermixed with damp earth and spice characteristics. Medium to full-bodied, delicious, and soft with enough acidity for cleanliness and delineation, it should be drunk over the next 2-3 years." -Robert Parker

My Review: Interestingly enough, Parker gave this wine 90pts, but I hated it. The smell was interesting with strong grape and some cherry and tomato scents, but it was so bitter on the tongue that I made a face. And it wasn't a cute face, I assure you. I think it would need a couple more years for me to even consider trying it again. Maybe with time or some really good cheese it could be smoother...

No comments:

Post a Comment