Monday, March 31, 2014

Tasting - "Plungerhead Lodi Cabernet Sauvignon"


Name: Plungerhead Lodi Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety: 90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Merlot, 3% Petit Verdot
Region: Lodi, California
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: $14.95

Winery Review: "The inaugural 2011 Plungerhead Lodi Cabernet Sauvignon is dark ruby in color with aromas of blackberry, plum. Flavors of cranberry and chocolate and finishing with notes of vanilla and hints of mint."

My Review: This Cab surprised me. I didn't particularly like it, but I'd never had a wine like it. The nose wasn't anything spectacular, just some cherry and cranberry scents, but the flavor profile was really exciting! There was a strong mint and fresh eucalyptus taste with some acidic backbone. I was quite fascinated by this Cab even if I didn't like it much. Plus look how goofy the label is!

No comments:

Post a Comment