Sunday, April 27, 2014

Tasting - "Dachshund Riesling"

Name: Dachshund Riesling
Variety: Riesling
Region: Rheinhessen
Country: Germany
Year: 2012
Price: $10.99

Winery Review: "The wine is full flavored with both pear and citrus fruit aromas. Stimulating on the palate, as well fresh and fruity it has a nice sweetness balanced with the typical crisp Riesling acidity and a long- lasting finish."

My Review: Obviously I bought this wine for the bottle, who doesn't love an adorable dog? But I also quite like Riesling and wanted to see what was going on behind the label. The smell was pretty standard Riesling in my mind; some petrol, strong citrus, and hints of peach and pear. The taste was curious. It took me a while to decide what I was picking up, which was a crisp acidity and spiciness on the finish. The spiciness is what threw me off. The finish was pretty long with a nice mouth feel. I also felt that there was a lot of citrus and tartness like a green apple. I'd like to see what I think of it later, because I couldn't decide if I liked it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment