Saturday, April 26, 2014

Tasting - "Foggy Ridge Serious Cider"

Sorry for the lack of blog posts recently! I actually found out I had Mono on April 1st and you're not supposed to drink alcohol with Mono, because of swollen organs and such....so that put a dent in my ability to post on here. It also put a dent in my last semester of my senior year at Tech, but that's another story. After 4 weeks and no more symptoms, I have decided I can ease back into tastings.


Name: Foggy Ridge Serious Cider
Variety: Apple Cider
Region: Virginia Blue Ridge Mountains
Country: USA
Year: Not Stated
Price: $18.00

Cidermaker Review: "Foggy Ridge Cider grows many "spitters"—high tannin apples that taste like unripe persimmons but contribute tannin to all our cider blends, especially Serious Cider, our most dry hard cider. Classic English cider apples like Stoke Red, Dabinett and Tremlett's Bitter combine with high tannin American varieties such as Ashmead's Kernel and Roxbury Russett to create a cider that drinks like Brut Champagne. Enjoy Serious Cider with fatty nibbles like a French Triple Creme or crab cakes browned in butter. Or just slice rich sheep's milk cheese and pour a glass. This Virignia Cider is made with only Virginia Apples and blended to perfection."

My Review: After looking at their website, I realized I would probably have preferred the other types, but the store I found this at didn't have any other kinds and I'd never heard of it before. That being said, this is an EXTREMELY dry cider and very fizzy. My friend tried it with me and really enjoyed it, but I was not a fan. The smell was fairly sweet, nice red apple and honeysuckle notes, but the taste was pretty tart. Just not my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment