Saturday, April 26, 2014

Tasting - "Woodpecker Premium Cider"


Name: Woodpecker Premium Cider
Variety: Apple Cider
Region: Hereford
Country: England
Year: Not Stated
Price: $2.00 (individual bottles at Vintage Cellar)

Cidermaker Review: "The use of the English bittersweet apple provided Woodpecker® with a distinctive taste and refreshing drinkability. A crisp semi-dry finish, amber hue with a lightly sparking appearance, sweet fruity aroma and a slight toffee-apple note."

My Review: The nose was great; sweet honeysuckle and pear. The taste was difficult to pick up and very thin, but it was suitable. At first I noticed a sweet finish, but the more I drank the stranger the aftertaste seemed to get. I'm not sure I would buy it again, but it's by Bulmer's so I had high hopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment