Thursday, May 1, 2014

Tasting - "Lone Birch Riesling"


Name: Lone Birch Riesling
Variety: Riesling
Region: Yakima Valley, Washington
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: $9.99

Winery Review: "Lone Birch has a light straw color, a delicate perfumed floral bouquet on the nose, and a light-bodied palate with flavors of white peach and citrus fruit."

My Review: I actually liked this Riesling quite a bit. I'm curious to see what it might taste like over the next few days too. I thought I noticed a very faint green apple scent with some lilac and flower notes. As for the taste, it started off smooth and surprisingly creamy, then finished with an acidic backbone that lasted a while. I think I also picked up a good amount of citrus that were pleasant with the creaminess.

No comments:

Post a Comment